Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

nv560o flywheel ???

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CrewCab59 
#1 ·
This question is an easy one for you guys. Is the 2000 flywheel a 13 inch clutch or 12 ??? I have finaly found a used flywheel and was wondering if it will hold the 13in clutch.

Thanks,
Charlie

#2 ·
Dodge introduced the NV5600 6 speed in 1998. The early version, which is found in 1998 to 2000½ models is known to have synchronizer problems and a weak input shaft. Midway during the 2000 model year, a much improved NV5600 was introduced with a heavier 1⅜" input shaft and reliable synchronizers. At the same time, the old 12.4" clutch was dropped in favor of a 13" unit

#3 ·
Did they put out 2 different flywheels for these or just one?? I have a couple guys who say the have a flywheel for me one is a 00 and not sure on the other years but is there some flywheel crosssreference for the part # someplace. The dealers around here suck. I still have not had the time to check the input size on the nv5600 but susposed to be the big one 03ish the guy said inside looks like its new and it only had 1400 miles on it.

Thanks,
Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.